Lilburn, GA - The Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) continues its "Champions Series" of articles by head coaches of national championship teams with a submission by Andrew Morong, head coach of the 2019 USCAA Division II national champion Central Maine Community College Lady Mustangs.
To read the full article, please visit: https://wbca.org/connect/blog/2019/10/28/creating-credibility
September's addition to the series was written by University of Notre Dame Head Women's Basketball Coach, Muffet McGraw. Other contributors include, Dan Hughes (WNBA Head Coach, Seattle Storm), and Franqua Bedell (Assistant Coach, Missouri State University).
The WBCA leads, serves and unites coaches of women's basketball for the good of our game and those who play it.
- Informs, advises and guides coaches on matters that impact their profession and the sport;
- Offers networking opportunities that allow coaches to connect, encourage and mentor each other;
- Provides educational programming that enables coaches to make themselves better leaders, teachers and role models for the athletes they coach, and improves the quality and popularity of the game;
- Recognizes coaches, as well as their athletes and their teams, who excel athletically and academically each year, and honors those who have made lasting contributions to the profession and sport throughout their career; and
- Acts as the unifying voice of coaches to the organizations that govern the sport at its various levels of competition.